4 Amenities You Should Consider for Your Mobile Home Park
July 24, 2023
We’d love to connect with you.
Mobile Home Park Amenities
How do you upgrade your mobile home park?
One great way to upgrade your park is with amenities.
A community center, recreational facilities, barbecue areas, and laundry facilities are five excellent kinds of amenities to consider.
A community center or clubhouse serves as a centralized hub where residents can come together, socialize, and participate in different activities. Here’s why it’s an essential amenity:
- Gathering Space: The community center provides a designated space for residents to gather, meet, and interact with their neighbors. It offers a sense of community and fosters a friendly atmosphere within the mobile home park.
- Social Events and Activities: The community center can be used for organizing social events, such as holiday parties, game nights, movie screenings, or potluck dinners. These events encourage residents to engage with one another, build relationships, and create a strong sense of community.
- Meeting Rooms: Having dedicated meeting rooms within the community center allows residents to organize group activities, clubs, or even homeowners’ association meetings. These spaces can be utilized for various purposes, such as book clubs, hobby groups, fitness classes, or educational workshops.
- Fitness Center: Including a fitness center within the community center provides residents with an on-site facility to maintain their physical well-being. Equipped with exercise machines, weights, and cardio equipment, the fitness center offers convenience and encourages an active lifestyle.
- Communal Kitchen: A communal kitchen space within the community center allows residents to come together for cooking classes, community meals, or shared culinary experiences. It can be equipped with appliances and utensils necessary for group cooking and dining.
- Lounge Area: A comfortable lounge area with seating, couches, and a television provides a place for relaxation, socializing, or simply reading a book. It offers residents a space to unwind, meet friends, or enjoy leisure time within a communal setting.
- Information Center: The community center can also serve as an information hub, where residents can find resources, newsletters, notices, and updates related to the mobile home park. This central location ensures that residents are informed about important announcements, community guidelines, and upcoming events.
Recreational facilities can be a great value-add to your mobile home park. They provide fun things for tenants to do in their free time. Putting one or more of these facilities on your property is often a good idea:
- Playground: Including a playground within the mobile home park is essential, especially for families with children. A well-equipped playground with age-appropriate equipment, such as swings, slides, and climbing structures, provides a safe and enjoyable space for kids to play and interact with their peers.
- Sports Courts: Having sports courts, such as basketball, tennis, or volleyball courts, encourages residents to engage in physical activities and team sports. These facilities offer opportunities for exercise, friendly competition, and community bonding. Residents can organize informal games or even participate in organized leagues or tournaments.
- Swimming Pool: A swimming pool is a highly desirable amenity in a mobile home park, particularly in warmer climates. It provides residents with a place to cool off, relax, and enjoy recreational swimming. A pool area with lounge chairs, umbrellas, and a surrounding deck creates a welcoming space for residents to socialize and soak up the sun.
- Walking Trails: Designating walking trails throughout the mobile home park offers residents a chance to engage in outdoor activities, enjoy nature, and promote physical fitness. These trails can be landscaped with greenery, benches, and lighting, providing a serene environment for walking, jogging, or biking.
- Fitness Stations: Integrating fitness stations or outdoor exercise equipment along the walking trails or within designated fitness areas allows residents to engage in fitness activities outdoors. These stations can include equipment for stretching, cardiovascular exercises, strength training, and bodyweight workouts, catering to residents’ fitness needs.
- Outdoor Recreation Areas: Besides specific sports facilities, creating open outdoor areas within the mobile home park allows residents to engage in various recreational activities. This could include open fields for games like soccer or flag football, designated areas for yoga or tai chi classes, or even spaces for picnics, frisbee, or kite flying.
These areas are particularly appealing for mobile home parks because there’s often space for them. Designated outdoor spaces with picnic tables, barbecue grills, and seating areas within a mobile home park offers residents the opportunity to enjoy outdoor meals, host gatherings, and socialize with neighbors.
- Socialization and Community Building: Picnic and barbecue areas provide a communal space where residents can gather, interact, and build relationships with their neighbors. These areas encourage socialization and create opportunities for impromptu conversations, shared meals, and community bonding.
- Grilling and Cooking Facilities: The inclusion of barbecue grills allows residents to prepare and enjoy grilled meals outdoors. Grilling stations can range from individual charcoal or gas grills to larger communal grilling areas with multiple cooking stations. Providing these facilities eliminates the need for residents to invest in their own grills and promotes a sense of shared resources and convenience.
- Recreational Opportunities: Picnic and barbecue areas can also be integrated into larger recreational spaces within the mobile home park. You can set them up near sports courts or walking trails, providing opportunities for families and friends to enjoy a meal or relax after engaging in physical activities. This arrangement encourages a seamless transition between different types of recreational pursuits.
- Aesthetics and Outdoor Enjoyment: Well-designed picnic and barbecue areas enhance the overall aesthetics of the mobile home park. They can be landscaped with greenery, flowers, and shade trees to create an inviting and pleasant environment. Including amenities like pergolas, umbrellas, or shelters provides shade and protection from the elements, allowing residents to use the space comfortably throughout the day.
On-site laundry facilities are a necessary amenity related to mobile homes because they provide convenience and a service everyone needs. Let’s look at some specific elements that make this an excellent amenity:
- Convenience: Having laundry facilities within the mobile home park offers residents the convenience of easily accessing washing and drying machines. It eliminates the need to travel to external laundromats, saving time, transportation costs, and effort. Residents can complete their laundry tasks within a short distance from their homes.
- Time and Energy Saving: On-site laundry facilities significantly reduce the time and energy required for residents to manage their laundry. They can complete multiple loads simultaneously, minimizing wait times and allowing for efficient use of their time. This convenience is particularly beneficial for busy individuals, families, or those with limited mobility.
- Cost Savings: By providing on-site laundry facilities, residents can avoid the expenses associated with using off-site laundromats. They don’t have to worry about purchasing their own washers and dryers, which can be costly upfront and require ongoing maintenance. On-site facilities also save residents from coin-operated machines, as some mobile home parks may provide laundry services as part of the monthly rent or at a reduced cost.
- Community Engagement: Laundry facilities can serve as spaces for residents to interact and socialize while they wait for their laundry cycles to complete. Communal laundry areas can be designed with seating, tables, or reading materials to create a pleasant environment for residents to engage in casual conversations and build connections with their neighbors.
- Maintenance and Oversight: On-site laundry facilities allow for better maintenance and oversight. The mobile home park management or maintenance staff can regularly inspect and service the machines, ensuring they are in proper working condition. Any maintenance issues or malfunctions can be addressed promptly, minimizing downtime and inconveniences for the residents.
- Accessibility: It is crucial to design the laundry facilities to be accessible to all residents, including those with disabilities. Ensure that the layout accommodates wheelchair users, provides proper lighting, and has clear signage. Consider installing machines at varying heights to accommodate individuals with mobility limitations.
Amenities are a key part of your park’s appeal. The better the quality of your mobile home park amenities, the better the quality of tenants you can often attract.
Be strategic with your choices and make sure they integrate well with your park and your typical tenant’s needs.