Innago Vs RentRedi
December 14, 2022
We’d love to connect with you.
Innago and RentRedi are two popular options for property management software. Let’s compare the two and see how they stack up regarding pricing, features, customer support, and other essential property management features.
Pricing is always one of the most important factors when purchasing a new product. So, let’s start there.
RentRedi offers three different plan options: a monthly plan, an annual plan, and a 6-month plan. The monthly package is a pay-as-you-go plan that allows for an unlimited number of properties. It costs $19.95 per month. You get all the features RentRedi has to offer with this plan.
The annual plan is $108, which saves you $132 yearly. It renews annually instead of monthly. It also comes with all the features RentRedi has to offer.
Lastly, the 6-month plan is $90 and renews every six months. It also offers all of the features RentRedi has at its disposal.
Innago, on the other hand, is free. How can that be? How do we make money? We have tenants pay nominal fees for specific add-on services. For example, if a tenant takes care of a bill through ACH, they owe an additional $2 fee. If they pay with a card, that’s an added 2.75%. It’s important to note that landlords and property managers can cover the cost of these fees if they want to.
Innago also charges applicants $30 for credit and criminal reports or $35 to include eviction history reports. Lastly, Innago allows tenants to buy renter’s insurance directly on the platform. The insurance policies are priced individually.
If you look at online review sites like Capterra and Softwareadvice.com, you will find that Innago is more popular with reviewers than RentRedi. Many comments tout the value for the money you pay (or don’t, in Innago’s case!).
Simplicity, or ease of use, is another critical factor. Innago scored 4.8 out of 5 possible stars for ease of use on Capterra, and many reviews speak to how intuitive and navigable the platform is. Many comments reflect the sentiment shared by Matthew K. on Capterra: “There isn’t much not to like. Innago provides an easy to use interface that puts all the relevant information together in a nice visual!”
RentRedi doesn’t measure up to Innago when it comes to simplicity. It received 4.4 out of 5 possible stars on Capterra for ease of use. Several reviews echo a similar sentiment to a comment on Capterra from Lisa C., where she said, “I am not a big fan of this system compared to [others]. Too much stuff to remember, which does not make it easier to navigate and move forward quickly…”
Customer support is a critical component to look at regarding property management software platforms. Innago received 4.9 stars out of a possible 5, and RentRedi also received 4.9 out of 5 possible stars.
Innago provides access to email, phone help, a blog full of informative and engaging articles, and a live chat option during business hours. Furthermore, Innago hosts webinars to help newer landlords and offers personalized demos by request.
Innago assigns a representative to each account to ensure customers get individualized service. Landlords receive the representative’s email and contact information. You can almost always reach someone on Innago’s general support line after hours (it may not be your assigned representative, though). And, if you cannot reach them immediately, someone will always return calls and emails within a couple of hours.
RentRedi provides a help center full of how-to articles and training videos, a live chat feature, email support, and phone support.
G2 states, “Reviewers felt that Innago meets the needs of their business better than RentRedi.”
On Trustpilot’s website, Innago’s 4.9 rating stands in stark contrast to RentRedi’s 3.0 rating (out of a possible score of 5). Many RentRedi reviews talk about a poor user experience and severe problems with payment issues. This is certainly something to take into account as you make your decision.
Features are a critical piece of any software consideration. The platform you choose must be able to meet your needs to be useful and cost-effective. Innago scored 4.8 out of 5 possible stars in contrast to RentRedi’s 4.4 on Capterra (this metric refers to features in general).
Innago’s platform includes features like:
- Listing syndication, marketing and advertising capabilities
- Custom applications and tenant screening, including a customizable application builder and criminal, credit, and eviction history reports through partnership with TransUnion
- Online leasing, digital signatures, status tracking, and unlimited file storage on the Cloud and sharing
- Automated payment reminders, tenant communication tools, messaging, email templates, and archives
- Invoice automation, recurring billing, automated late fee settings, and receipt and image storing
- Online rental payments through ACH, credit and debit card payments, and automated debits, with single-business-day funds delivery available
- Tenant maintenance request portal with picture and video upload, work order tracking, and ticket forwarding to repair personnel
- Financial tracking and reporting
RentRedi’s platform includes features like:
- Listing syndication automatically goes to partner sites Realtor.com and Doorsteps.com
- Credit, criminal, and eviction history reports through TransUnion partnership
- Landlords can prepare their own lease documents and upload them to RentRedi to be signed with digital signatures
- Dashboard to upload photos, create virtual tours, and manage listings, advertising and showings
- The landlord dashboard manages rent, late fees, and evictions and sends rent reminders.
- Rent payments can be made online using an ACH transfer, credit or debit card, or cash at over 90,000 retail locations.
- In-app push notifications to renters, maintenance requests tickets and rent reminders
- Accounting features through partnership with REI Hub at an extra charge
- Financial reports from REI Hub including profit and loss (P&L) statements, cash flow statements, balance sheets, and tax-ready Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Schedule E reports
Likelihood to Recommend
If there’s one thing you need to know when it comes to reviews, it’s how likely other people are to recommend a product. Think about the best purchases you’ve ever made. Most likely, more than a few involved a recommendation from someone you trust. No one is going to recommend a product that doesn’t provide them with a lot of value. This metric reveals someone’s true thoughts about a product. If I am willing to recommend something to my friends, I believe in the product’s quality.
On Capterra, 87.9% of reviewers said they would likely recommend RentRedi. Innago, on the flip side, had 97.3% of reviews saying they would recommend the platform to others.
This is the last measurement we want to mention because it’s one of the most important. It should factor into your decision. That said, you should still weigh everything else and figure out what makes the most sense for your specific business.
Innago’s pricing is the best in the market. Our uncluttered design, reliable customer service, and powerful features comprise a robust, efficient software platform. Innago has higher ratings in almost every category than RentRedi and that is the case on each major rating site.
A summary statement from G2’s comparison said that reviewers prefer doing business with Innago overall.
If you’re looking for software that helps your business and doesn’t lighten your wallet, then Innago might be just the platform for you.